SPORTING EVENT ATTENDANCE POLICY
NO REENTRY - As of 9-1-06 the Mount Markham Central School District will be adopting a "NO REENTRY" Policy at all sporting events. Once you have purchased a ticket and are inside the gate- you will be there to stay. In order to re-enter you will have the opportunity to purchase another ticket at full price.NO PETS - No pets are allowed at any sporting events. The Mount Markham Central School District respects the rights of all animals, as well as our students and adult patrons.
NO SMOKING/DRINKING OR OTHER ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES- New York State prohibits smoking and drinking on all school property. This includes parking lots and rest rooms.
NO DISORDERLY CONDUCT - Disorderly conduct will NOT be tolerated. Inappropriate physical or verbal behavior will result in dismissal from the school premises. Further misconduct may result in permanent dismissal from all Mount Markham sporting events.
SHOW YOUR SCHOOL SPIRIT - Wear Mount Markham apparel to all home sporting events and adults will gain admittance for 1/2 price; students will get in free (our school colors royal blue and gold).
SENIOR CITIZEN PASSES - Any senior citizen can obtain a Senior Citizens Pass at the Athletic or District Office. A pass gives the bearer free admittance to Mount Markham Events. Must be 55 years of age or older.The Mount Markham Central School District wants all fans to enjoy their favorite sporting event in a safe and respectful atmosphere.
Thank you in advance for complying with the above mentioned policy.Community Members/Spectator Commitment
We understand that as a part of our school-community, you have an interest and investment in the success of our Athletic Program. You play a key role in reinforcing the educational goals of our program. Therefore we encourage you to commit to the following:
- Remember that a ticket to a school athletic event is a privilege to observe the contest.
- Be a positive role model through your behavior while in attendance at events, direct your energies into encouraging your team
- Show respect for the opposing players, coaches, spectators and support groups. Treat all visiting teams in a manner in which you would expect to be treated.
- Recognize and show appreciation for an outstanding play by either team
- Praise student athletes in their attempt to improve themselves as students, athletes or person.
- Be respectful of all officials' decisions
- Gain knowledge to understand and appreciate the rules of the sport
- Reinforce our alcohol, tobacco and other drug-free policies by refraining from the use of such substances before, during and after athletic contests
- Reinforce our no re-entry policy.
- Please refrain from Taunting, booing, heckling and the use of inappropriate language.
- Encourage other spectators to participate in the spirit of good sportsmanship